Thursday, June 6, 2013

BJ

As most of you guys see me out on the golf course, I always have my trusty side kick with me.  My dog BJ.  Some people think she is running the show, but just like everybody else, she does have her responsibilities too.  She is responsible for keeping the geese of the golf course, or atleast in the ponds and off the turf.  She is also in charge of squirrel observation, rock chuck population control, and water testing.



 She is an 8 year old yellow lab that has been with me now for 7 years.  I got her out of the pound in Denver CO, and she has been with me on the golf course everyday since then.  Every morning at 4:30 AM she waits patiently by the front door, and as we approach the golf course she cant sit still in the back seat of my truck.  She is ready to ride shotgun every morning when I leave the shop to tour the golf course.  Her favorite thing might be receiving treats from members, as now there is a large handful of individuals that carry dog snacks in their golf bag.  It is interesting as she knows every one of those members and she will spot them from 100 yards away, run up and sit by their golf bag and just wait till they find a snack to give her.


She is always studying the health of our turf with me, assisting in training staff, and loves her time running the golf course as the sun is rising every morning.








She is super friendly and very approachable for anybody that would like to walk up to her.  She does have the characteristic lab smile, where she raises her up lip every time you approach her.  Some people get scarred thinking she is snarling at them, or showing her teeth, but that is just her way (most labs do it) of saying she likes you and hello with a smile.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment