Thursday, August 1, 2013

Vandalism

It seems every summer when school is out that there is always some for of vandalism on the golf course.  I thought I had seen almost everything over the 22 years I have worked on a course and the 8 years I have been a golf course superintendent, but last night was a first as our practice putting green got egged.

Broken egg shells on the practice green

An 18 carton pack of eggs was left on the green

Even the side of the building got a coupe hits
 Fortunatly I don't see this causing any problems on the green.  We were able to clean up the shells, water in the yokes, and mowed and rolled the green as scheduled.

Fortunately they were nice enough to leave me the Walmart bag with the with the receipt inside showing they were purchased at 12:26 AM that night and their credit card information if I decide to track it back.

 
A couple nights before we had donuts from a golf cart on #16 green.  Fortunately we were also able to knit them back to together like a ballmark and roll them out.

Tire tracks on 16 green from a golf cart

No comments:

Post a Comment