Thursday, August 1, 2013

Swimming Pool

It has been so hot lately...

Surface temperature of the asphalt in front of our maintenance facility
I think another area of the country club that I manage has been getting more activity and interest than the golf course???
That would be our swimming pool.

Swimming pool in the morning getting ready to open for the rush

Many golf course superintendents are fortunate enough to have many areas of responsibility.  One is typically always the golf course.  Then you get the clubhouse grounds, the manager of the swimming pool, tennis court maintenance, building maintenance, and some times other recreational areas like croquet, cricket, or polo grounds.

Our swimming pool is one aspect that I enjoy besides golf course maintenance because it gives me a different variety of challenges and forces me to learn about new things that I may not always focus on with golf course maintenance.  I took classes to become a certified pool manager and have really enjoyed learning and practicing everything that has to deal with chemicals, maintenance, and scheduling.

No comments:

Post a Comment