Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Power of Social Media

In our day and age right now social media is a very amazing tool to distribute information and inform a group of people.  I started my turf maintenance blog last winter to inform my members what was taking place on the golf course and what we actually do to maintain a high level course.

Last week I created a twitter account to only share my blog and spread the information, not going to be a tweeter or twerker or a re-tweeter.  Currently I have an entire 2 followers on twitter.  Last week I did a typical post to my blog about what we do on the golf course to control Canada geese and why the golfers will see fishing lines running across the pond, and then I tweeted the link to it on my twitter account.

Well one person re-tweeted it and it was picked up by 3 turf related companies that all re-tweeted it and all of sudden it was tweeted to 9,000 followers.  One tweet to 2 followers lead to a tweet to 9,000 followers, which led to 1000 views on my blog in that 1 day.  My small northern Idaho blog that gets 50 views per day now has 1000 views in 1 day by golf course related individuals across the US.

Amazing what 2 clicks of the mouse does today compered to just a few years ago.

Thank you to all my readers and followers. Have a great Holiday Season

Jason Habeck, CGCS


No comments:

Post a Comment